Our gym challenge for November is all about hydration -specifically water consumption. The point of the challenge is not to drown ourselves but it’s more about establishing sustainable habits that will last beyond the challenge. So with this in mind, during the month of November, the challenge is to consume half of your body weight (in pounds) in ounces of pure water daily. For example, a 200 pound man would need to consume 100 ounces of water daily to meet the requirements of the challenge. Though not required, we also encourage you to keep track of your water consumption using some kind of tracking tool such as MyFitnessPal. You’ll also get bonus points for drinking 8 ounces of water when you first wake up, before each meal (fills you up and helps prevent overeating) and prior to any workouts.
For this challenge you’ll need the following:
- A good refillable water bottle that makes it easy to measure your water consumption.
- Some way to keep track of your daily water consumption (MyFitnessPal is good but there are others, just google “Water Tracking app” or a piece of paper will work too)
- Challenge Runner app (available for iPhone on the App Store and Google Play for Droid devices). You’ll post your results in this app daily to earn points. If you fall behind in posting you can always enter previous days later.
The challenge will run from November 1st through November 30th.
If you’d like to participate please signup below or at the front desk by October 31st.
How to earn points!
- Drink, in ounces, half of your body weight in water (only plain water is counted for the challenge) = 1 Point per Day
- Each day of the challenge, log your total ounces of water into a tracking tool or on a piece of paper. = 1 Point per Day
- Drink 8 ounces of water upon rising (before breakfast) = 1 Point per Day
- Drink 8 ounces of water before every meal = 1 Point per Day
- Drink at least 8 ounces of water before every workout = 1 Point per Day
- You may log your results in ChallengeRunner until Tuesday, December 3rd at 5 pm.
* Non-carbonated, Flavored water and plain water will count towards water intake no other beverages will count.
** If you forget to log a day on ChallengeRunner, you may go back and log multiple days.
The winner will win a $25 gym credit that can be used for Proshop items or applied toward your monthly membership payment. However, it can’t be redeemed for cash.
Good luck everybody and Enjoy the benefits of being Hydrated!